and my voice
|—||Michelle K., Earning Your Roar. (via notnai)|
Stages of Deterioration in the Human Body
The Moment Of Death:
1. The heart stops.
2. The skin gets tight and ashen in color.
3. All the muscles relax.
4. The bladder and bowels empty.
5. The body temperature begins to drop 1 1/2 degrees Fahrenheit per hour.
After 30 minutes:
6. The skin gets purple and waxy.
7. The lips, fingernails, and toenails fade to a pale color.
8. Blood pools at the bottom of the body.
9. The hands and feet turn blue.
10. The eyes sink into the skull.
After 4 hours:
11. Rigor mortis has set in.
12. The purpling of the skin and the pooling of the blood continue.
13. Rigor continues to tighten muscles for another 24 hours or so.
After 12 hours:
14. The body is in full rigor mortis.
After 24 hours:
15. The body is now the temperature of the surrounding environment.
16. In males, the semen dies.
17. The head and neck are now a greenish-blue color.
18. The greenish-blue color spreads to the rest of the body.
19. There is a pervasive smell of rotting meat.
After 3 days:
20. The gas in the body tissues forms large blisters on the skin.
21. The whole body begins to bloat and swell grotesquely.
22. Fluids leak from the mouth, nose, vagina, and rectum.
After 3 weeks:
23. The skin, hair, and nails are so loose they can easily be pulled off the corpse.
24. The skin bursts open on many places on the body.
25. Decomposition will continue until the body is nothing but skelital remains, a process that can take a month or so in hot climates, and two months or more in cold climates.
This is actually pretty interesting.
Important for writers…helps avoid either walking in and knowing someone died moments ago “from the smell” (unless that smell is piss and shit), or finding someone dead for a week that “looks like they’re sleeping.”
Reblogging for reference.
This is the single creepiest website ever and i love all of you
Found this really interesting.
In 33 seconds, this video will teach you what it’s like to have a sense of humanity..and it might also help restore yours.
An orphan child shares his food with his fellow friends before he eats himself.
Hiba Ammar writes: When my father proposed to my mother… He dedicated Surah Al-Imran, which he memorized off heart, as her “Mahr” (dowry) And when my husband proposed to me, my father told him that he would have to memorize a surah of the Quran as my mahr.. The wedding will not go on unless i’v received my mahr :) I was asked to pick one of the surahs… I chose Surah Al-Noor… For all the laws that Surah contained within it and for the fact that it seemed hard to memorize on my behalf. And before our wedding day; aside of being busy preparing for our “Newly wedded Nest”… The Quran wouldn’t leave my husband’s hand an entire month as he was memorizing the surah… A few day before our wedding day, my husband came to recite to my father the surah which he had completed. My father told him every time u make a mistake, u would have to start from the beginning all over again :)) My husband began reciting surah Al-Noor with his calm/gentle voice in such a “beautiful” scene which I will never forget. My mother and I would look at one another and would smile awaiting my husband to make a mistake so he would have to start all over again and by that increase my “Reward”… But my husband - May Allah bless him - had memorized the surah off heart and didn’t even forget one single verse of it. Once he finished my father hugged him and said to him: “Today I shall marry my daughter to u for u have fulfilled her mahr.. and your pledge to me..” He didn’t pay me a financial mahr… And we didn’t buy gold worth tens of thousands… He sufficed me with Allah’s words as an oath/contract between us… And the Question is…. I wonder what Surah my daughter will chose as her mahr in the future?
Via Aman Shamsuddin
Awww MashAllah that’s really sweet :)
Ramadan Mubarak everyone :)